Friday, April 28, 2006

Square Bagels

A couple weeks ago, I was in Walmart...and I spotted Thomas Square Bagels.

The intent was to have one as breakfast before jetting off for a business trip. Though my usually coffee only breakfast got the better of me, and I didn't get to them until later.

When I finally did try them, I was rather disappointed....not much in the way of a bagel experience in a different form factor that I was expecting.

In trying to come up with how I should use what I had though....I decided to try it really toasted and drowned in butter.

I found this a much better experience, a nice change from plain buttered toast.

Later I came across this blurb:

"With all the flavor of a bagel, and the soft texture of bread, Squares is a tasty alternative to bread. For breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacking, Squares is the delicious new shape of things to come."
So while it is poor as a bagel, it is nice alternative to bread. Having discovered this solution late, and having much craving to excessive butter (actually margarine, spreadable butter hasn't made it onto Walmart's shelves) consumption...I made another trip to Walmart to buy another bag. I noticed on the bag this time on suggestions for possible uses....the one that caught my eye was garlic toast. I'm sure I could've done this with regular toast, but for some reason it had never crossed my mind before.

But, this is what I've been having as lunch lately....

No comments: