Monday, July 25, 2005

A9 Toolbar for Firefox

Well, I got the A9 Toolbar to behave. By uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Seems it wants to assert itself for position on the browser.

First I had updated my laptop, and it was the last thing I installed, so I didn't really think anything about how it had reappeared....except that it wasn't in the way of RoboForm's toolbar.

But, then I updated my work computer. I uninstalled A9 and Google before starting the update process. Only to find that I couldn't access mozilla.org from work. Fortunately I had some of the files on disk for when I updated my laptop.

In the process, I reinstall A9 toolbar first...and it popped into the wrong location. But, thinking order of install might be important...I uninstalled and installed the Google bar first. And, now the A9 toolbar installed into the line above the Goolge bar. So, RoboForm is where I want it to be now.

Another thing to note is that the office firewall blocks toolbar.a9.com, since it considers the site to be spyware. Though a9.com is fine. And, so is toolbar.google.com.

It'll be interesting when I have to remove all my personal data from my work computers....will also have to remember to remove the commercial software that is mine.

No comments: