Sunday, July 09, 2006

It is always in the last place you look!

I've been here a week, and I've yet to have a decent cup of morning coffee. Been using bags from an old box of "Maxwell House Coffee Single" that I had come across while packing, which I had set aside incase I didn't get the coffee maker set up or it didn't survive the move.

Well, it did survive, so the only thing missing was my coffee container and, more important, coffee filters. So, this morning I made it my mission to find these elusive items, especially since finding out that I had bought the wrong kind during a recent shopping expedition (if you don't know, I don't drive...not since the accident, where as I laid in the second ambulance trip, to a bigger, university, hospital... unable to move, I heard some people talking about some concern around C4! But later I was able to walk, more or less, out of the hospital... :).

Well, I tore through every single box in sight and started looking in boxes that I had labelled as clearly not what I was looking for. I should have specifically labeled this box as having the coffee stuff, but I got sloppy at the end. :o I didn't find it, started to wonder if a box had gotten lost... settled on having another Coffee Single morning. :'(

Later when I was sitting on the toilet, which having my morning coffee does. :p. I notice a box I had missed sitting by the washing machine, I recognized that it was a found box (having run out during the packing process) and realized that it was a box I would have labeled 'FOOD'! Well, there they are! Unfortunately, something in the box didn't survive the move and everying was kind of sticky. Apparently, a packet of instant miso soup had ruptured. The movers seemed to like turning my boxes upside down, even the ones plastered on which way was up! They also stacked boxes in whatever orientation they wanted, even boxes that shouldn't (like boxes with handle holes containing stuff that was loose...did probably lose a few loose items this way.)

The only bad thing is that I don't recall coming across the box with my extra AA batteries. Guess I'll once again have to buy some more, even though I should have tons somewhere.

Well, I was planning on making two more expeditions today....
--
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!

Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.

No comments: